Between February 19-21, in Düsseldorf, Germany, it took place EuroCIS 2019 , the largest fair of technological solutions for retail. The event was also attended by Dor Bujor Padureanu, General Manager of Magister, together with collaborators who presented their own news and also learned about the latest innovations for retail, with global impact.
EuroCIS 2019 attracted over 13,000 retail specialists from 94 countries – a 10% increase in the number of visitors. During the three days of the fair, 482 exhibitors from 39 countries (including the Middle and Middle East, as well as Central and South America) presented their IT solutions.
What the trend were noted at EuroCIS 2019:
- Investments in IT solutions for retail are significantly increasing, the budgets focusing especially on projects meant to prepare the IT infrastructure of retailers for the needs of the future;
- Improving IT systems for inventory management is a priority for more and more traders and solution developers;
- The new letter of the law in commerce is Omnichannel – integration of various sales vectors to offer buyers a positive experience and intensify the interaction between customer and brand;
- Using artificial intelligence – the Internet of Things (IoT) is already happening! For example, those chatbots that use artificial intelligence to communicate with customers or data analysis applications, very valuable for retail managers;
- Self-checkout methods and payment options are expanding and diversifying.
In addition to the exhibition space, the fair included a Start-up hub for entrepreneurs, EuroCIS Forum and Omnichannel Forum, where retail IT managers shared their experiences and innovations.
The next EuroCIS event will take place at EuroShop 2020 – the largest retail fair in the world, also hosted in Düsseldorf, from 16 to 20 February 2020.